Refuge Church and Coronavirus Precautions
As many of you know, over the past few days the spread of Coronavirus has become an increasing concern for our community, state, and country. As we live through these days, we want to do so with faith in our sovereign Lord, wisdom from God, and love for our neighbor. As the name of our church reminds us, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble,” (Psalm 46:1). We are planning to continue with our normal church schedule, but out of an abundance of caution, there are some adjustments we want to share with you along with some important reminders.
- There will be no coffee and donut table
- Be sure to eat breakfast before you come to church and feel free to bring your own coffee with you.
- Kid’s Check-in will be manned so that only one person’s hands are touching the computer.
- We will have an extra hand sanitizer dispenser between the men’s and women’s bathrooms. (in addition to the two we have out every Sunday)
- We will be cleaning doorknobs and handles on entry and exit doors in addition to our normal Sunday cleaning routine.
- If you have any symptoms that are typical with the Coronavirus, we ask that you stay home as you continue to rest and recover. (CDC information about symptoms)
- Refrain from physical contact. While we are a church that loves to shake hands and greet with hugs, the most loving thing we can do for others right now is avoid those physical interactions. So, smile, give a friendly wave, and say good morning!
- Wash your hands and make use of the hand sanitizer stations we will have set up.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Let’s continue to pray for our government leaders that are making difficult decisions, for our health care experts, and health care workers. Let’s also ask God to continue to give us wisdom and help us to love our neighbor well during this time.